Literary Pixie is the personal blog of Sammy Ginsberg.
Hi! I’m Sammy.
I share about all sorts on this site.
The purpose of this blog is to share my genuine thoughts and feelings, to connect with friends and family, and to meet like-minded people.
Thanks for visiting!
Hope to connect soon.
My vision is to live in a world where all humans have the knowledge, community, and skills to build a quality life filled with joy, wonder, and respect. I hope to use my life as research and an example.
I am enjoying the journey of my life. In my life I will:
- nurture healthy, trusting, and loving relationships
- develop the knowledge and skills to teach others the tools to build a quality life in my role as an educator: effective communication, literacy, creativity, social and emotional skills, wonder, curiosity, open-mindedness, reflection, coping
- learn and be open to others – sharing, listening, supporting, empowering
- create healthy boundaries so that I can be my authentic, unique, and excited self
- welcome others and make them feel accepted, safe, and that they belong.
- advocate and empower those who struggle to express themselves
- work to build a society where quality life, compassion, accountability, sustainability, inclusion, truth, trust, and relationships are at the forefront of decision-making.
Being able to connect with others on a profound level of mutual understanding and concern. Not sympathy, but relating through shared human experiences that transcend time, place, and diversity.
Giving firm support and remaining committed through dedicated and consistent action. This can be shown both to institutions and people.
The process of continual and infinite learning and development physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Great energy, passion, and enthusiasm in pursuit of a vision, dream, cause, or objective!
I think Hesse says it best, “The very special and always significant and remarkable point at which the world’s phenomena intersect, only once in this way and never again!” (Demian aka the book that changed my life).
Sammy Ginsberg was born in North Hollywood, California four days before the Northridge Earthquake. She is currently completing her English Language Arts teaching credential in Southern California after traveling to over 30 countries and working as a direct support professional, English Language teacher, youth worker, marketing assistant, social media manager, documentary producer, bookseller, barista, pharmacy clerk, production assistant, box office assistant, poet, festival organizer, assistant theater manager, editor, writer, search engine optimization content writer, website designer, reading specialist, respite caregiver, babysitter, tutor, volunteer coordinator, publicist, event coordinator, grant writer, and her favorite – pub quiz host. She cares deeply and wants to help! She suffers from people-pleasing and taking on too much responsibility. She proudly comes from a neurodiverse family and immigrants. She is thankful for her family, friends, her dog Ozzie, the wonder and beauty that is the journey of life, nature, and her bathtub.
|Community Service/ Mutual Aid||Books||Hiking||Social & Emotional Learning (EQ)|
|Mental Health & Wellness||Food||Writing||Education|
|People & Relationships||Art||Poetry||Pub Quizzes|
Get in touch with me via email – seeliterarypixie(@)gmail.com.